Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bio of goker

I am Göker CANITEZER.
I graduated from Bilkent University, Computer Science and Information Eng. dep in 1999. I got Msc. in Computer Science from Bilkent in 2002.
I worked from 1999 to 2003 as a software developer in C++ and Java. From 2003 to 2007, I was senior architect and software framework team leader. Since 2007, I am in the SAP world as a functional consultant about international railway ticketing.

I am trying to improve the software development processes/workflows in where I work. By the help of this course I will try to understand that how an ERP system can be used in a big software house and in order to be succesful what kind of analysis should be done and which aspects should be considered? If I can prepare a good report with a proper roadmap, I think that it will increase my popularity in the company.
At the end of this course I hope that I will gain a managerial point of view about implementing an ERP system. I mean all the aspects that I should consider, from cost to usage, from data providing to education of the users.

One interesting thing about me: While I was a child, I was saying that I would be driver of the garbage collection truck. When I learned java I realized that gc means garbage collector.

2 comments:

tequila said...

Hey there! So you are the first one to post!

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a secretary (now called "administrative assistant") because I liked the idea of using a typewriter.

Very interestingly, with the advent of computers, many of us are keeping our own calendars, typing our own letters, messages,etc. To sum up, I often think we all became our own "secretaries". So I guess I achieved my goal, eh?

GC said...

I havent achieved yet. May be I am the driver now, but there are a lot of garbage to collect:) I should go over all the streets.