Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Elif -- bio

I have graduated from METU Economics in 2005. Before that, I had been a student of Aykan Kolej for 13 years, from primary school until graduating from high school.
After my graduation from METU, I have worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers (Ankara) Assurance and Business Advisory Services, Audit department until May, 2007. Although audit does not seem relevant to ERP, most of the clients that we have been giving audit service have used ERP systems. So, I am familiar with how all business units are integrated through such systems. Also, during auditing the work flows and control points within each work flow, understanding how the system works is crucial and it has been made easier by ERP systems.
Although I believe that having strict career goals does not mean much in real life practices, for the moment I am planning to work for our family business that produces insulated glass on a medium-scale in Ankara. Taking this course will help me understand how to relate different business units to each other and give me some insights about a possible future implementation of ERP to our business. So, I expect to accomplish these understandings at the end of this course.
I have made yoga for four years during university. Also, as an interesting (or ironic) thing about me, although I have worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers for almost two years day and night, with long overtime hours, there is no one in my family that can spell where I have worked correctly.

No comments: