Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Day 3 - Juan REYNOSO

Hello!

One of the topics I found interesting in this class was the analysis of which issues could lead to failure in the implementation of the ERP, and how to prevent them.

Particularly I think a good communication is essential for a good implementation. I can say that in México, some companies introduce changes as could be an ERP IMP abruptly and without consulting middle management, and in this case, there is always a disagreement feeling from the end users.

As I have been working in production areas, I can say that typically this kind of systems are seen as if they make all processes slower, and is never clear the “added value” or contribution that they give to the process.

I think that putting in practice a major change in a company is a slow process and it must begin first introducing new ideas and explaining why it is a better way for doing the same things… or where the benefit is. Sometimes the benefit is not for the user, but for the whole company, but it is necessary that everyone be aware of this.

On the other hand, we have to remember that an ERP has by itself a philosophy behind, and we must be sure that is not contradictory with the current practices of the company. I think this have led to failure in ERP IMP in many high volume manufacturing Companies that works with .

No comments: